ASSEMBLAGE - A YAYOI KUSAMA FAVOUR BAG
We all want to impart a lasting impression on our departing guests and there is no better way to do this than with a parting gift, and even better, one which ties in with your party theme. For little guests it also makes a departure much easier on parents! So we present the first in our series of "Assemblages" category: how to curate a selection of themed gifts for a favour bag. Several weeks ago, we posted on our blog our Yayoi Kusama Inspired Party. To follow up, and in keeping with the theme, we pulled together everything "polka dot" we could think of, and also put together some mini take-home kid craft kits, for a fun and fantastic Yayoi Kusama Favour Bag.
*Glassine Treat Bags (Purchased from a craft store)
*Sticker Dots in your chosen colour scheme in various sizes and colours. We purchased ours from this Etsy Squish n Chips shop.
*Ombré Origami Paper (Purchased from a craft store)
*Large Polka Dot Beads purchased from this Etsy shop, Lollipop Bead Shoppe
*Bead String (Purchased from a craft store)
*Plastic Sleeves (Purchased from a craft store)
*Polka Dot Balloons
*Necco Candy Buttons available at Party et Cie
*Confetti Lollipops purchased from this Etsy shop, Smash Candies
1. To prepare the favour bags, place sticker dots randomly on the glassine bags, varying sizes and colours as you go.
2. We created mini kids sticker dot art packages by cutting down the ombré origami paper to a smaller size, and pairing them with an assortment of sticker dots. Kids will have fun making sticker dot patterns and pictures when they get home!
3. We also created mini polka dot bracelet kits. Place an assortment of polka dot beads and a piece of neatly wound up beading string in a plastic sleeve and seal with a sticker dot. Kids can make their own Yayoi Kusama inspired bracelets!
4. We found a fantastic assortment of dot-inspired candy as seen:
5. Assemble your lootbags and hand out to your little guests as they leave the door!
* * * * *
* * * * *